Thursday, January 10, 2013

Hello Kitty Cake Pops and Losing Weight?

So, yesterday was my birthday.  Yay!  (insert sarcasm)

Yesterday was also the day that my oldest celebrated her 1/2 birthday at school.  Her real birthday is on July 1st.  Since she can't bring in treats on her full birthday, she is supposed to celebrate on her 1/2 birthday.  Unfortunately, her 1/2 falls on January 1st!  She got to pick any day she wanted to celebrate, so she chose my birthday so we could celebrate together.

Enter the HELLO KITTY CAKE POPS!



I'm pretty darn proud of how they came out.  The whiskers are the only things that really didn't look great, but I think I did well on all other parts considering I've never made cake pops before practicing the HK pop!

I need to brag about my sweet kid too.... the teacher let her pick someone to help hand out treats to her class and then someone else to take them around to other teachers (gym, music, etc.)  She picked two little boys that I had never heard her talk about before.  I asked her later why she chose I. and C. and she said, "Well, I feel bad for I. because no one ever picks him and he is so nice.  I picked C. because he was the only one sitting quietly and raising his hand.  Everyone else was getting in my face and begging me to pick them.  He was being good."  WOW!  Now, if only adults could be so kind.  I'm so proud of her.

Last night we went to the visitation for my friend's daughter.  How sad :(  No one should ever have to lose a child for any reason.  CANCER SUCKS.

Today my oldest had dance class and then I needed to buy groceries.  We didn't get home until 8:45pm.  Thus, my run was cut short- 2 miles.  Better than nothing.

I'm down 8 pounds from January 1st.  WOOOO HOOOO  I'm doing well with staying on track.  A.C.E. Helps me so much.  I'll write a post on it soon.  LOVE IT.

Tomorrow- funeral
Saturday- Oldest's Cheer/Game, then public memorial
Sunday- Who knows....maybe lap swim in the AM.

Night ALL!

1 comment:

  1. My heart goes out to your friend's family and to you all. Thoughts and prayers for all of you.

    ReplyDelete