Saturday, December 17, 2011

In the Beginning


You'll probably laugh, but I'm writing this first post from my hospital bed.  Right now I couldn't if I tired.  The title of my blog is, "Because I Can." and I mean that.  I'm going to do it.  I'm going to do it, "Because I Can."  It will just be a bit before I can!  You see, I just had my 3rd baby.  My baby boy was born on 12/15/11.  He is just the most precious thing and I am so happy to have my prince.  I was doing well before finding out that I was unexpectedly expecting.  I was into exercising and I was working up to being able to run 5Ks.  In fact, I ran my first ever 5K when I was about 6 weeks pregnant.  It was an amazing experience , but I knew that I wouldn't be able to run through my pregnancy.  That thought turned into not being able to barely move.  I had so much sciatic nerve pain and eventually SPD issues.  My baby boy came quickly after having issues with his heart rate during labor.


As I sit here and type this, I am experiencing the most extreme pain in my pelvic region.  I believe that I injured something during labor due to not being able to feel my pushes.  I had an epidural done and that combined with pushing when I already had problems with my pubic bone probably caused some injury.  The doctors and nurses seem to be ignoring my cries of pain.  They blow them off as if I should be aware that labor is hard on the body.  Ummmm....yeah.... I know, I have 2 other children and I realize that labor is not easy.  However, I have never had this much pain afterwards.  I have never been on day three having problems getting out of bed, let alone walking.  Just the pain from swinging my legs out of bed is enough to make me want to stay stationary for the rest of my life.


I digress.... this blog is BECAUSE I CAN.  I will, because I can.  I have planned for this moment my whole pregnancy.  I knew that as soon as I delivered my baby boy that I would begin planning to start moving forward with my health and fitness.  I want to begin running (in a few months!) and I want to go back to charting and tracking my nutrition.  I want to do this, well, BECAUSE I CAN.  There have been so many instances in my life recently when people have had options taken away from them.  They can't because something took that control away from them.   It makes me sad, it makes me mad, it makes me realize that I should do these things for myself because I can.  I have the ability to be healthy, no one is taking that away from me.  I want to take advantage of that while I have the choice to do so.


So....  as things heal, as the pain subsides, as life moves forward, I will start focusing on what I CAN do and not what I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment