Friday, January 24, 2014

Believe

The winter here has been brutal.  More than 2 years ago, my husband and I bought a snowblower.  Our driveway is long and often the snow comes overnight, so we needed to be able to dig ourselves out quickly.  With 3 kids, we figured it was a good investment.  The last two winters were so mild that we used it twice in 2 years and once was just because we wanted to try it out and there was only 1" of snow!  This year, on the other hand, we have used it at least 3 times per snowstorm.  We have had 3 large storms and we have another on the way this weekend.  At least I'm getting my money's worth.  Come to think of it, I probably shouldn't have complained so much the last two years when it sat in my garage unused!

Today we canceled day #8 of school for the year due to the -26* windchill.  Monday and Tuesday don't look great either- more negative wind chills and lots of snow.

My family finally moved back into our house after the debacle of the flooring company.  Thankfully the insurance paid for all 6, yes 6, nights in the hotel (and all of our dinners out!)  My daughters loved staying in the hotel with a pool to swim in:

and a cool indoor tree to eat under. (or play around.... I think she was using it as a modeling stage.)


The hardwood is looking nice, and then I bought an area rug for under our kitchen table and some new curtains!

   I was home for one night in my own bed and then I left for Columbus for a conference.  I managed to get up early and use the treadmills in the fitness room to keep up with my training.  The walls were an ugly shared of orange though!


I'm  home again, but I leave Sunday night to go back to Columbus (in the SNOWSTORM!) for another conference.  I hope the next hotel has some nice 'mills and better colored walls!  Thankfully this is my last long conference to attend this school year.  

While I was away I read the book, "One Word that will Change Your Life," and reflected on where I am now and where I want to be.  This winter has been a roller coaster and I'm ready to get back to everything.  

Between my foot injury, the floor, and these work conferences, I feel like I need refocus myself.  I know where I want to be, I was getting so close before, and I need to keep working! I had lost 35 pounds before the winter hit, I was strong and I was learning more about triathlons and running.  I felt great, I looked great, and I wanted to keep going in that direction.  

After much reflection, I chose:


For so long, I let others tell me what my limitations were.  I let others define me.  That happens no more!  I believe that my dreams will be my reality!


While digging for something else in my image file, I came across this gem and wanted to share it.


This was taken last August... I actually think I look pretty skinny here, but I know this wasn't my lowest weight!  This is my after my 3rd sprint tri with my sister and part of her family.  They were troopers waiting for me and I had a great race.  I finished 3rd in my AG and I couldn't have been happier.  Though my hair could have looked better!  The slicked back mess that was my hair that day didn't do much for my face in this photo!!!  

The reason I wanted to share the photo is because I finished that race and sat around talking with them and didn't bother to check the instant results.  I figured there was no way I placed in my AG.  When I finally walked past, I couldn't believe it.  I was so surprised.  

The difference this year will be that I plan to believe in myself and my training.




No comments:

Post a Comment