Sunday, January 1, 2012

Here's to a New Year and a New Me!

Happy 2012!  The kids, hubby, and I stayed up until exactly 12:01am.  Well, I'm pretty sure I was out after that, but the kids might have still been awake!  I'm not much for going out on NYE now that we have kids. It just means sitters, anxiety, and coming home late to find who knows what happened while we were gone! We don't have a reliable sitter that I would be ok leaving my 2 week old with anyway!  (or my 2 year old :)


So what does the new year mean to me?  Well, for one, it's a good time to start anew since I just had baby bean.  I am only 2.5 weeks past having him, so it's not like I can go out and run 5 miles, but it does give me a sense of "a new life."   I hope start walking and eventually running and I would like to start eating healthier.  I did buy the foods I need yesterday, now I just need to eat them!


I guess I should set some goals or write a resolution or something...isn't that what EVERYONE is doing?  Whatever....I'm not much for having a resolution, but I do want to leave some goals to reflect back on next year.  


1.  Lose 35 pounds over the year (the RIGHT way-exercising and eating better)
2.  Be active at least 4 days a week 
3.  Run four 5Ks this year
4.  Sign up for a 10K if I can find one in the area
5.  Look into training for a 1/2 marathon and eventually a full
6.  Buy a bike for myself
7.  Add in some strength training to my exercise to build muscles
8.  Get hubby to be healthier with me by exercising and cutting down on the bad foods
9.  Read 3 adult books that will help motivate me to meet my goals
10.  Keep my food diary up to date so that I can review it and be accountable


So there... I did it.  These are the same goals I seem to have each time I "start" over.  This time I want it to be the last time I start over.  I know there will be some slip ups or some times when I need to realign my thoughts and goals, but I want to say that I really put my heart into it and did it.  I have read so many blogs where the women are so inspirational.  Each one of them seem to have finally gotten their motivation to follow through after several starts.  I want this to be my time!



No comments:

Post a Comment