Monday, March 2, 2015

Team Endurance Fusion

It's been awhile since I've posted.  Mostly because work has been so incredibly busy that I haven't had to write.  I have tried to use my training time as MY time to focus on me.  I've been decently consistent and I'm ready to ramp it up... Now, where is SPRING?

The good news is that I did complete the Churchill's Half Marathon in October with a new PR!  Woooo  2:15.  I was so freaking excited.  It was a rough run because we started out with a misting rain and the course had a few hills, which I am not accustomed to.  I had done some hill training on my treadmill, but not as much as I thought I should have done.  Towards the end of the course the wind was kicking my butt.  I knew with about 2 miles to go that I had a good chance at hitting my PR.  When I hit the wind in the last mile I was struggling.  I kept going and made it under my previous PR of 2:17.  The BEST part of the whole event was that my parents, who live somewhat near the course, decided to come out to cheer me on.  This was an incredible surprise because they do not usually care to sit out and watch 100's of runners file past to look for me to pass by for 2 seconds.  On this particular day they stood out in the FREEZING cold and were there when I was needing some motivation.  Even more surprising is that they decided to drive to the finish line and were also there to cheer me across the finish line as well.  I can't explain to people who don't know my parents exactly how surprising this was or truly how much it meant to me.  I cried and cried hard when I saw them (both times!)  Awesome race.

I also completed the Santa hustle at Cedar Point with a new friend, Margo.  The race was her 1st 1/2 marathon and I decided to stick with her to keep her going.  We had a blast dancing and posing for pictures with the silly signs.  It was decently warm and there was no snow or ice to speak of!

Now on to the BEST news of all.  I have been cycling (on a trainer) with a group of triathletes and a coach who decided to start her own team.  I applied and tonight I received an email with this heading:


I'm so excited to be part of a team and especially because I can learn from others who work hard and yet share the passion for helping other newer athletes.  Our team is also supported by some awesome sponsors:

Cycle Werks
West Suburban Animal Hospital
Rudy Project
Boom! Nutrition
Infinit Nutrition
Xterra Wetsuits
Zensah Compression

I can wait to get the Triathlon season started.  I can't wait share my season with everyone else.  It's going to be an amazing year.



No comments:

Post a Comment