Friday, March 9, 2012

Obese to Overweight

It doesn’t sound like that great of situation, but I just realized that I hit a milestone already- I went from a BMI categorized as Obese to a BMI that is just considered “overweight.”  Woooooooo!  I shouldn’t be excited about being overweight, but for some reason it just sounds better than being obese. 

I’m feeling thinner, but today my weight was up a pound.  I just have to keep in mind that the total overall loss is more important than the daily weights I see.  Yesterday I made some not so great choices and I’m sure that’s why.  Today I’m doing a bit better.  I am trying to find motivation.   My pants are really big on me and that makes me feel good, so I’m focusing on that. 

I’ve thought a lot about how I can work exercise into my day.  I already get up at 5:30am.  I work from 7am until 5:30pm.  By the time I get my 3 kids, get home, make dinner, bathe the kids, and get them ready for bed, I’M ready for bed at 9pm.  I just don’t know where to get my workout in.  I’d prefer to get up and get it done in the mornings, but 4:30 just seems so early, especially when out little man wakes up around 3am to have a bottle.  I think I’m going to try it this next week and see how I do with sleep. 

Too bad this weekend is a time change…spring forward one hour.  Booo!  That means it will be dark out until 7:30am.  I can’t run in the dark, so my workouts will have to be indoors.  I REALLY want to get back to running, but I don’t do the ‘mill.  I don’t have a good one and it hurts my legs.  I should suck it up and spend the $800 to get a nice one, but I’m too cheap!

I’ll update you on my goal of exercising more this week….

No comments:

Post a Comment