Saturday, December 29, 2012

Starting Over


As the year comes to an end I realize that I have to start over once again.  I hate to admit this, but of course I'm back up to one of my highest weights.  I feel horrible about myself and I am not exercising.  I was doing so well with running.  I ran my first half marathon with TnT in September and I finished much faster than my goal time.




I was not losing much weight because I was still eating horribly.  I wanted so badly to lose my extra weight, but I just got so stressed that I gave up.  I gave up!

Two weeks ago I ran my second half marathon on very little training.  I made it.  It wasn't fast and it hurt, but I made it.  I was only running about 10-15 miles a week for training...sometimes much less.

The excuse I started this blog with is now a year old and I don't really think I can use the excuse anymore.  (See left picture!)

I have been reading some of the blogs that inspire me and the words that are written are SO true.  They say it better than I can, so I'm just going to post a few links.

One of my favorites is: Ben Does Life.  He just published a book about his weight loss journey and yet he is so honest about his struggles of currently not being active and as healthy as he would like.  His words could have come out of my mouth!

Another very inspiring blog is:  See Mom Run Far.  Erin is a mom to 12 (biological and adopted children combined) and she has lost over 80 pounds and has gone from non-runner to wanting to go to the 2016 olympic trials.

So, once again I'm going to start.  I have to admit that I feel ashamed that I have to start over, but so many of us have been on this journey and very few people have figured it all out on their first shot.  In fact, I can bet that anyone who has had more than 30 pounds to lose has had at least a few slip-ups or start overs along the way.  While it's not easy, it's expected and it's ok.

What's my plan?  I'm setting a few goals for myself.  These are NOT resolutions.  This is what I plan to accomplish in 2013:

1.  Lose 45 pounds (Current weight: 190, goal weight 145)
2.  Run another 1/2 marathon
3.  Run a 5K in under 32 minutes
4.  Complete in a sprint triathlon
5.  Join Team Toledo Triathlon club
6.  Keep up with my blog (at least 2 posts a week!)

These goals are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and timely!  (SMART)

So here we go!

Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment