Monday, December 31, 2012

Tomorrow is THE DAY!

It probably sounds like any other time I try to start.... saying that tomorrow is the day.  It's easy to say that tomorrow is the day.  However, I'm very much a mental prep type person.  I need to be prepared! I could never start a diet on a Sunday... because, well Monday is the start of week.  Too bad Jan 1st isn't on a Monday!  However, since I'm on break, I can handle the Tuesday start because I don't have a routine to stick to.  January 1st the the START of something new.  Even my horoscope says that 2013 is the year to build the new me.  I'm sure I sound kind of OCD, but I really need to be in the right place mentally or it will not happen.

A Facebook post by a friend who has had Lymphoma 4 times reminded me that I should be thankful for the days I have ahead of me and I should take care of the body I have because it's the only one God gave me.  This friend was told a few months ago that there was nothing else the doctors or medicine could do for her.  She is a prime example of a positive attitude.  She believes in living life to the fullest and even on her "not so good days," she tries to make the best of it.  Through persistence and patience, she was called to be part of a new drug trial and starts in 2 days.  To have been treated for Lymphoma and been in remission 3 times already, I can only imagine that the frustration of hearing she has relapsed once again and then to be told the doctors can't help her.  She is hopeful that the new treatment will help her gain a 4th remission.  HER post is what inspires me.  Isn't that crazy?  Shouldn't it be the other way around?  It reminds me of the quote:

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice."

Isn't that the truth?  Why do we wait until we have no choice though?  Why not prove myself now?

So, tomorrow is the day.  MY DAY!  My day to be strong, suck it up and move forward.  

I'm hoping tonight to take my "Before" photos and to post them here.  Look forward to those!!!  They are going to be Horrendous! In fact, they may help curb your appetite.  

Wishing you all a SAFE NYE!

Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment