Friday, March 29, 2013

It's been awhile! (for a post and winter in Ohio!)

So sorry that I haven't had the motivation to post.  I really should have, but I guess I haven't had any news that I thought was post worthy.  Not that I do now, but I suppose I should at least try to post something just for the sake of letting you know I'm still alive!

I forgot to post about our failed attempt at catching the Saint Patty's Day Leprechaun.  Apparently this is something they do at school and my daughter set all sorts of "traps" and would have been heartbroken if nothing happened as if the Leprechaun had never stopped at our house.  Alas... I had to Pintrest ideas for the event.  Here is the result.... Lucky the Leprechaun peed green into our toilet and left some gold dust there for the kids:



This week I was on spring break.... in Ohio (a staycation- how exciting!)  It snowed.  End of story!  I love Ohio, but when winter hangs around through spring break, I'm not so excited about my location.  I usually like to do yard work while on break from my job and school.  Too bad this year our spring break had an average of 35 degrees and it snowed 3 inches on Sunday.  I should have taken a picture, but I was so depressed that I forgot.  We had gone to my uncle's house for Easter (on Palm Sunday!!) and drove home into the snow. Lovely.  The only good part of the day was when middle little fell asleep on her Grandma in the middle of all of the commotion...  grandma loved it and middle little wasn't grouchy for the second half of the day!



I did manage to run 10 miles on Monday on my treadmill for my long run.  Less than a month now until my next Half Marathon.  Yay!  I think I'm training decently for this one so I hope to PR....even though most of you run twice as fast, it's still a PR to me!  I've also swam and biked several times.

I am down about 26 pounds total.  I'm frustrated this week because I am counting all of my calories and exercising and I have lost little.  I have to keep reminding myself of my overall weight loss and loss week to week.  BLAH!!  I want it to fall off.  :)  It's so frustrating to not lose very much when you KNOW you are doing the right thing.

Yesterday it was ALMOST warm enough to run outside and I felt like goldilocks and the three bears.  I'm blonde and I had three running partners to choose from:

This one was too small and annoying that we made it to the end of the driveway before I turned back to get a different dog.  I was really hoping to work with Gizmo on running a short distance with me, but it just wasn't working.



This one was too Fat-


She made it about 1/4 of a mile before she began to limp and either she got slower or I got faster because I was dragging her for all of the run and she barely had me at a slow walk!  Mind you, she has had over $3,000 worth of knee surgery... which I said I'd never pay for, but I felt bad and I just couldn't put a dog down for bum legs.  She blew one knee out because she tried to run and then blew the other one out trying to walk on 3 legs while trying to heal after the first surgery.

And my third dog was a decent success.... he can keep up and was only a little annoying when he tried to pee on every mailbox post (something I despise about my neighbors dogs and won't let him do)


Oh, I guess I could have tried to run with the cat, but somehow I just didn't think it would work...


See, annoying dog is trying to get into the cat picture too!

Oh- and I say it was ALMOST warm enough to run outside because after the total of 1.5 miles with the  annoying, fat, and almost decent dogs, I decided I was still too cold and went in to finish the last 3 miles  on the treadmill.  Did I mention that I HATE the cold???  It was 43 degrees and it was still too cold for me.  Thankfully the snow has melted and today it's up to a total of 47 degrees.  HEY!  A few more degrees and we might hit beach weather.

So again, I'm sorry I'm not very exciting and not much has happened.  Maybe some day it will warm up enough for me to run outside and then I can take better pictures and have more to post about.




1 comment: