Friday, September 6, 2013

Living in Chaos

This post will be short....I think.

As my title of my blog (the whole blog, not the post!) suggests, I'm always on the run.  I thrive on chaos.  At least that's what I have always said.  Work is absolutely crazy and everything that is crazy about education right now all hinges on my position.  My after school program is to start in 2 weeks, which means 3 more hours a day at work- but not doing MY work, but rather working with kids who need me and my staff.  THIS is the work I love!  Kids need people to care.  I care.  I want to see them succeed!

So why am I feeling like I live in chaos?  Tonight for the first time we got a notice that we had overdraft fees.... something I've never had issues with.  We don't know if someone hacked our account and took money or if I overpaid something? Generally this isn't something we worry about.  Of course, banks are closed now so it must wait for tomorrow.

Tonight I saw SBM's post and I think some large revelations flooded into me.  I need to decompress my life.  I, too, have PMP issues.  As she suggests, I Pile My Plate to keep up my image of being a good person in all aspects of my life.

I can't do it all and I have to stop believing I can.  I have to know that being me is good enough.  I don't need to over-do it to impress people.  Sometimes less is more.

I just have to decide which things to purge.  What makes me happy?  What makes me healthy?  One thing for sure- I WILL continue to swim, bike, and run.  I am a better person when I do.  I'm happier.

Let the purging begin?!

And since less is more.... I'm leaving this post at that.





1 comment:

  1. I work at a bank investigating fraud for the last 15 years. After you call your bank and find out what is going on, if you want email me and I can answer questions on what might have happened and what to expect next

    ReplyDelete