Follow by Email

Friday, September 6, 2013

Living in Chaos

This post will be short....I think.

As my title of my blog (the whole blog, not the post!) suggests, I'm always on the run.  I thrive on chaos.  At least that's what I have always said.  Work is absolutely crazy and everything that is crazy about education right now all hinges on my position.  My after school program is to start in 2 weeks, which means 3 more hours a day at work- but not doing MY work, but rather working with kids who need me and my staff.  THIS is the work I love!  Kids need people to care.  I care.  I want to see them succeed!

So why am I feeling like I live in chaos?  Tonight for the first time we got a notice that we had overdraft fees.... something I've never had issues with.  We don't know if someone hacked our account and took money or if I overpaid something? Generally this isn't something we worry about.  Of course, banks are closed now so it must wait for tomorrow.

Tonight I saw SBM's post and I think some large revelations flooded into me.  I need to decompress my life.  I, too, have PMP issues.  As she suggests, I Pile My Plate to keep up my image of being a good person in all aspects of my life.

I can't do it all and I have to stop believing I can.  I have to know that being me is good enough.  I don't need to over-do it to impress people.  Sometimes less is more.

I just have to decide which things to purge.  What makes me happy?  What makes me healthy?  One thing for sure- I WILL continue to swim, bike, and run.  I am a better person when I do.  I'm happier.

Let the purging begin?!

And since less is more.... I'm leaving this post at that.





1 comment:

  1. I work at a bank investigating fraud for the last 15 years. After you call your bank and find out what is going on, if you want email me and I can answer questions on what might have happened and what to expect next

    ReplyDelete