Friday, May 17, 2013

My New Toy

Since the Glass City Half is over, I've been slacking slightly.   I have tried to do something exercise worthy a few days a week, but the motivation is just not there.  I have even slipped on my diet.  I vow to get back to it.....tomorrow.  I keep saying tomorrow and then something happens and I get off track.  TOMORROW for sure.

WHY tomorrow??  Because I just looked at my summer calendar and realized that I have exactly 29 days until my first sprint tri!!  I signed up for the Maumee Bay Sprint Tri.


Thankfully, it's on an inland lake and not Lake Erie (I'm not sure I'm ready for choppy waves yet!)



I've been running and swimming.  I even had my cheapo bike on my trainer in my basement and I've been doing some miles on it.  I have been wanting a road bike for awhile, but I hated parting with so much money.  I know I may not stick with Tris, but I do know that I will always use biking as a good cross training activity.  I watched Craigslist for awhile and then I just decided to put an ad up with what I was looking for.

I had a lot of people contact me (which really surprised me) and I eventually saw one that would work for me.  Last Saturday I met the guy and got my NEW (to me!) bike- a TREK 1220 with some updated parts.




Isn't it pretty?  Except, I really need to have someone help me adjust it because I'm just not feeling comfortable with the fit yet.  I don't really want to pay for that, so I've been watching videos and trying to adjust it myself.  I am also not used to riding a road bike yet and I need to practice with it.  

I bought clipless pedals that also have a flat side to ride without clip shoes because I'm just not sure I'm ready for the clipless pedals/shoes yet.  I think I may do Tri #1 with regular shoes and pedals.  Too much NEW to me stuff to do all at once.

4 weeks....4weeks...4 weeks.  I better get moving huh?  

1 comment:

  1. The cove is nice (water is murky) also provides a nice beach for the family to play on while you are racing.

    Lake Erie isnt that bad to swim in

    ReplyDelete