Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Melting My Heart!

Two days ago I decided to test my foot to see what would happen if I ran on it.  I got my running clothes on and when my girls (ages 7 and 4) saw me, they begged to go with me.  My 7 year old has been talking to me about running for awhile because a friend of hers runs with her mom.  She tried once last year but got a little winded and I think that scared her.

While I really wasn't sure how far I could go, I agreed to them joining me.  I mean, how could I not!  It just melts my heart that my girls want to participate in the sport I love so much.  It also makes my heart smile that they see me doing something healthy and they are inspired to do it too.

It took them 20 minutes to get dressed because they had to have the "perfect" running outfit.  Here is the oldest....

Of course, my son had to photo bomb!

The middle little!

Them showing off their muscles!

Too cute!!

The run was a little rough for me and hurt a bunch afterwards.  The oldest did well pacing herself and I gave her a few hints on making her form better.  The middle child sprinted ahead shouting, "See you later slow pokes!" and then promptly got tired and started whining.  She did eventually sprint some more and took breaks when she needed.

It just melted my heart to see them want to join me.  

Anyone else have children wanting to be like you??  How does it make you feel?

1 comment: